1 whole pig (about 20 kilos)
soy sauce For the stuffing:
5 to 10 bundles lemon grass (tanglad)
20 pcs. bananas (saba variety), peeled then halved or
20 pcs. taro (gabi), peeled
Filipino Lechon Recipe or Roasted Pig Ham or Pork Recipe Cooking Instructions:
1. Clean and prepare the pig by removing innards, washing and scraping innards, washing and scraping the body of bristles. Rinse and allow to drain a bit before stuffing.
2. Rub with salt and pepper inside and out.
3. Rub soy sauce on the skin of the pig. This will make it nice and red when roasted.
4. Stuff the belly of the lechon with lemon grass along with saba and gabi. Sew to close.
5. Skewer the pig and split roast over live charcoal or traditionally, in some parts of Cebu, under live fire. Roast until crisp.
6. Lechon is not served with a sauce. But if a dipping sauce is requested, vinegar with scallions and pepper may be served along with it.
Get the best and tasty lechon in Cebu and we deliver it to you nationwide!
Enjoy a Holiday Celebration this Christmas Season with our best Cebu tasty Lechon on your table.
We deliver Cebu’s original and tasty lechon nationwide for your orders. LechonPig.com is the newest online store that helps every Filipino to quickly and easily buy the Original Tasty Cebu Lechon straight all the way from Cebu delivered to the airport of any city in the Philippines.
Cebu Best Lechon Guaranteed Clean, Crispy & Tasty!
To place an order or to get more information about bulk orders and commercial orders
please call :09199360396
(Roasted Pig), Cebu, Philippines
We accept Western Union, BPI bank Transfers, PayPal, Visa, MasterCard and American Express, or plain old cash works too.
A medium (average) lechon is good for 35-45 persons Our Prices are as follows:
Small – Estimated No. of People: 25-35
Price: P7,000 P6,000.00 ($145) + P1500 ($35) If Shipped by air out of Cebu City
Medium – Estimated No. of People: 35-45
Price: P8,000 P7,500.00 ($185) + P1500 ($35) If Shipped by air out of Cebu City
Large – Estimated No. of People: 55-65
Price: P10,000 P9,500.00 ($225) + P1500 ($35) If Shipped by air out of Cebu City
Extra Large – Estimated No. of People: 65-75
Price: P11,000 P11,000.00 ($270) + P1500 ($35) If Shipped by air out of Cebu City
Our most popular size is the Medium Pig costing around 7,500Php or about $185. ad 1500.00PHP ($35) if Air shipping is required outside Cebu City
WE ACCEPT PAYPAL
Air freight out of Cebu has increased considerably, due to this the charge for air freight for our Lechon Pig has increased. NOTE: ad 1500.00PHP ($35) if Air shipping is required there is no charge for local Cebu City pickup
TIME Magazine named Philippines lechon the best Pork in Asia.
Quote from TIME Magazine;
“When itinerant TV chef Anthony Bourdain — whose love of all things porcine is famous — visited the Philippine island of Cebu with his show No Reservations and declared that he had found the “best pig ever,” many viewers were as surprised by the hyperbole as by the country he situated it in. But not Filipinos, among whom the zenith of porky perfection is an indisputable fact. It was just a matter of time before the rest of the world found out.”